1914 Followers
doctorcath

Bookivorous

I read books, I write about books, I would probably marry a book if I could find one who liked me enough. Three words to describe me mature, irresponsible, contradictory, unreliable...oh...that's four...

So my holiday reads weren't exactly lightweight...

Shella - Andrew H. Vachss The Hard Bounce - Todd Robinson

...but they were awesome especially as they were both picked for me by Rob Hart, my podcast partner, from the shelves of Mysterious Bookshop in Tribeca where he works.

Since Rob lives in New York and I live in Norway, it was a special treat to not only get to meet him, but to take away two fantastic books to devour in between travelling and sightseeing.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Todd Robinson's The Hard Bounce which while deeply hardboiled has a vein of humour running through it which lightens the emotional load. Vachss Shella is probably more accomplished, but it's a shade of noir too dark yet to have been named. I loved it, but I could only read it a few pages at a time, in case my mental faculties developed frostbite.

We're hoping to get Todd on the podcast sometime to talk about his interesting and bumpy road to publication. That should be a blast.