1914 Followers
doctorcath

Bookivorous

I read books, I write about books, I would probably marry a book if I could find one who liked me enough. Three words to describe me mature, irresponsible, contradictory, unreliable...oh...that's four...

Bad Science

Bad Science - Ben Goldacre Guardian columnist and GP Ben Goldacre takes the crap merchants who peddle all manner of dodgy techniques and supplements to an unsuspecting public to task. Foremost in his crosshairs is the way that the media works to repeat a story so often without any kind of checking, that it eventually becomes true, whether it is or not. He also exposes how organisations which should know better, like education providers can become caught up in some new gimmickry and spend tens of thousands of tax payers pounds on totally useless and untested regimes (the example of how Brain Gym was foisted on thousands of small children is particularly salutory).Sad to say, but the people who really should read this book probably won't. Goldacre is preaching to the converted, but that doesn't mean to say that the converted can't enjoy hearing what they already know.